Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Weaving

I first saw this technique some years ago. It was demonstrated by Stephanie Scheetz of Kodomo. It is quite a simple technique if rather fiddly. The first card is made using one of  the Kodomo rubber stamps and is in a pale colour. The other two are family members, the first being my mum and dad's wedding anniversary and the second is my stepson and his wife.  To produce the weave you simply take two identical images, cut one image horizontally and the other vertically - both equidistance. Then start weaving one into the other. I found it easier to low tack one section down and use the other for the weaving itself. Once completed stick DST over the back to hold it all in place. Trim the edges as necessary (if you want the jagged edges as in the first/last card just trim with either patterened scissors or tear.) Once this is completed mount onto a suitable card blank decorated to suit.

2 comments:

  1. WOW wonderful technique never seen it before thank you for sharing. Am just on a blog hop and found by quite by chance think its the cats face that drew me in LOL xx Zoe

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I just came across your comment Zoe - it's the first one I have had, I was so excited:))Thank you for taking the time to put some kind words on my blog.
    Best wishes.

    ReplyDelete