Wednesday, July 14, 2010

50 Years

I was asked to make a card for my friend's relative's 50th wedding anniversary.  I thought the Glitter Girls tall stories embossing board fitted the bill. I used shiny gold card and printed some pearlised paper with words and '50' then embossed it all. These were then used to emboss and cut out for the main body of the card. Using a very old group photo (50 years actually!) I managed to isolate and enlarge them. This was copied several times so I could decopage them. Using another of the Glitter Girls boards I made a flower with 50 in the centre. The small 'book' from the board was used to accent their names and wedding date, this was also embossed. Finishing touches were the gold bows and the line of gems.  A matching box was made to house the card.

NB Computer printing then embossing onto pearlised card works quite. Just remember to coat the paper with an anti-static bag and work quite quickly.

No comments:

Post a Comment