Friday, July 23, 2010

Polka Doodles Competition

Polka Doodles are holding a MEGA colouring competition. The winner will receive a full set of Aqua Markers (40 pens in the set). Check out their site for full details. http://polkadoodle.blogspot.com/2010/07/week-29-challenge-christmas-in-july.html

This is my entry below - only the third try to get it to work! I have deleted the other two so hopefully won't clog up their site. I must find out more about linking blog stuff! 

This was originally a card for my dad on father's day. A bit different for a man but he likes flowers and butterflies. To make the card I started off making the background using Ranger distress ink (I made two). The second one I used to stamp the flowers on (Creative Expressions plate). All the stamping was using the perfect medium ink and black embossing powder. Once the matting and layering was done I overstamped the background with flourishes and added the cut out flowers. A little stickles glitter glue finshed the centres. The Elusive Images butterfly was also painted using distress inks, then glued only on the body allowing for a little movement. Finally I added more flowers and a base plate, cut using a Wizard die, with Happy Fathers Day to act as a stop allowing the card to stand open. On the back I added a further plate Wizard die cut with my sentiment.   On refection I should have added a further flower in the opposite bottom corner, but too late now!


No comments:

Post a Comment