Saturday, June 19, 2010

Today's offering


This one started out to be a simple make! I started off with tan cardstock with a pearlised paper on top stamped with a leaf design. So far so good!  Then using acetate I put alcohol inks over it, then spread a good layer of glossy accents over this followed by scrunched up tissue paper. After leaving it to dry overnight I stamped the 'Create a Scene - pub' directly onto the acetate. I also stamped the leaf design along the left side and top edge. This should have been the end of the card! However, I smudged the ink on the pub - totally spoiled. So, what could I do? I restamped the pub and embossed in black. I then painted it using distress inks. I also embossed  and coloured the barrels and the pub sign. I then used UTEE to completely cover the pub and the sign - very shiny.  The bottom of the card was rather bare - (oh how one thing leads to another!) so I decided to stamp the flower heads along it. Again, unfortunately, I made a mess on the card holding the acetate! So, I cut out the flower heads and stuck them individually along the bottom edge. I then cut a thin frame to fit exactly over the top of mounted acetate - thus hiding all my messy mistakes!  The bottom photo is just at another angle.

No comments:

Post a Comment