Saturday, June 12, 2010

Fathers Day

I know it's a bit girlie but my dad likes butterflies and flowers. I started off making the background using Ranger distress ink (I made two). The second one I used to stamp the flowers on (Creative Expressions plate). All the stamping was using the perfect medium ink and black embossing powder. Once the matting and layering was done I overstamped the background with flourishes and added the cut out flowers. A little stickles glitter glue finshed the centres. The Elusive Images butterfly was also painted using distress inks, then glued only on the body allowing for a little movement. Finally I added more flowers and a base plate, cut using a Wizard die, with Happy Fathers Day to act as a stop allowing the card to stand open. On the back I added a further plate Wizard die cut with my sentiment.

No comments:

Post a Comment