Monday, February 21, 2011

Lovely ladies

Started making these cards with the flowers. I tried different types of paper, tissue and card. I found that I liked the results from the handmade paper and some kids craft paper I have had for several years. I cut out the shapes with various sized nesties (blossom worked best for me). I then sprayed them with mica (made up with CS mica powder and water), once they were very wet I scrunched them up then attached them all together with a brad. Once this was done I fluffed out the petals a little and left them to dry. I really liked making these so no doubt more will appear.  I think next time I will try some smaller dies/flowers too.

Anyway, the stamp plates were from Creative Expressions ladies plates. The ladies were stamped then coloured with promarkers. Some were individually cut out but others were cut using a nestie. Once I had coloured them, this determined what colours I used on the cards. I took the opportunity to use my new Grand Calibur and the extra large dies. I love them, although I now need larger sizes of cardstock to be able to use the largest for cardbases!

Once the matting and layering had been done I mounted the ladies and matching flowers. They all, of course, needed boxes because of the depth, so these were made to match the colour of each card. No doubt there will be more to follow. My favourite is the red card. On the orange/yellow one I stamped 'diva' in the blank corner as it looked a little stark. Oh, and I did attach a lead to the dog!








No comments:

Post a Comment