Friday, February 25, 2011

It's a jungle

Suzanne Saltwell posted the original card on Creative Expressions website. Thanks Suzanne. My card is basically the same with only slight variations.  If you want to make one the same follow the link for her detailed instructions http://creativeexpressionsdesigns.wordpress.com/2011/01/07/grand-calibur-grand-die-pop-up-card/

The base  card was cut using the grand nesties with the mats decreasing in size. All the animals (from stamp sets by Sam Poole) were stamped and cut out, then coloured using promarkers. Some of the animals are decoupaged, others are single layer but put on with glue gel.  The base card and the front panel were distressed with inks. The gaps are for the sentiment once it's decided who the recipient will be and for the sender's message!   

I think the hardest part was matching up the base and inner! The best bit was arranging the animals and othe bits and bobs LOL.






3 comments:

  1. Hi Lynne Thank you very much for your comments recently :) It was actually Suzanne Saltwell not Sue Wilson who created this pop up card. I love how yours turned out! I didn't quite have enough time as you obviously did lol Thanks for sharing! Sam x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whoops apologies to Suzanne. I have amended the entry to the blog as originally I stated that it was Sue Wilson - sorry:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow - I have just followed a link from my blog stats to get here and what a surprise to see the pop up card - it was a fun project to make up and I have to say yours is wonderful - even better than the original with extra little touches - i`m thrilled to see the projects are used and loved seeing your version
    Many thanks Suzanne

    ReplyDelete